Social prescribing is designed to support people with a wide range of social, emotional and practical needs. Social prescribing is for people with mild to moderate or severe and stable mental health problems.
The specific content of schemes varies, but typically may include:
- Provision of information and advice
- Opportunities for arts and creativity
- Physical activity
- Learning and volunteering
- Peer support
- Befriending and self-help
- Support with benefits, housing, debt, employment, legal advice or parenting
- Online support
Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan works in partnership with and signposts to a range of statutory and voluntary organisations in line with GDPR and our confidentiality policy. We support people to get the help, information and advice they need from a wide range of other organisations.
Here is a list of other useful services and organisations. Please click on the name of the service you are interested in to be linked to their website.